FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Bird Conservancy's Mission?
Our mission at Bird Conservancy of the Rockies is the conservation of birds and their habitats through an integrated approach of science, education and land stewardship. We envision a future where birds are forever abundant, contributing to healthy landscapes and inspiring human curiosity and love of nature. Our work radiates from the Rockies to the Great Plains, Mexico and beyond. Our efforts are advanced by sound science, achieved through empowering people, realized through stewardship and sustained through partnerships. Together, we are improving native bird populations, the land and the lives of people.
How will my donation be used?
Your donation supports our work across four core priorities as identified in our strategic plan:
- Generate and share cutting edge scientific data to advance knowledge and inform effective bird conservation
- Immerse children and adults in nature and foster stewardship values across generations
- Enhance, restore and conserve bird habitat and improve overall landscape health working in partnership with others
- Ensure a thriving conservancy for the 21st Century and beyond
Is my donation tax deductible?
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory (dba Bird Conservancy of the Rockies) is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is classified by the IRS as a Scientific Organization, with a ruling year of 1988, and headquartered in Brighton, CO. EIN of 84-1079882. Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Consult with your tax advisor to see how any of these charitable options can benefit you, Bird Conservancy, and your tax situation.
To make a gift of stock, securities, wire transfer, IRA distribution or information on how to include Bird Conservancy of the Rockies in your estate plan, please contact us at (303) 659-4348 x 12 or via email.
Can I mail my donation?
If you have difficulty with donating online, please call us at (303) 659-4348 ext. 12, weekdays during regular business hours. We also gratefully accept checks, made payable to Bird Conservancy of the Rockies, sent to the following address:
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies
14500 Lark Bunting Lane
Brighton, CO 80603
Do you share my information?
What will I receive as a supporter of Bird Conservancy?
In addition to becoming part of a vibrant community that cares about birds and the health of our natural world, annual supporters of Bird Conservancy also receive the following benefits:
- The Primary Source bi-annual newsletter;
- Invitations to birding trips and events;
- Recognition in our online annual report
Our Friends program encourages and recognizes major donations that support our work to conserve birds and their habitats for present and future generations. Friends of the Bird Conservancy contribute $500 or more in a year. Benefits include all those of other supporters, plus:
- Monthly updates from the Executive Director about the impact of your gift
- Invitations to attend special Friends-only events