Cheatgrass is an annual invasive grass, and its range is expanding in the Gunnison Basin. This plant increases wildfire frequency, reduces forage for livestock and big game, and reduces the quality of wildlife habitat.
If you want to learn how to control this plant on your land, please join us for a FREE informational workshop on cheatgrass ecology and management!
Topics will include:
- Cheatgrass identification.
- Impacts of grazing on cheatgrass.
- Cheatgrass ecology and history
- Treatment options
- Reducing the spread
- How to calibrate equipment
- Public-private treatment collaboration
Cost is FREE but RSVP required. Lunch will be provided!
Please RVSP HERE!