- This event has passed.
Yampa Valley Crane Festival
September 3, 2020 - September 6, 2020
The 9th annual Yampa Valley Crane Festival is moving to a mostly virtual platform this year.
The festival will offer a series of fun and educational videos about Greater Sandhill Cranes and other bird and nature-related topics focused on the Yampa Valley of Northwest Colorado. All videos will be made available for free through the Colorado Crane Conservation Coalition website beginning September 3, 2020.
Here are some of the videos you will be able to enjoy from the comfort and safety of home:
- Sandhill Cranes of the Yampa Valley
- From Nests to Colts: Breeding Ecology of Sandhill Cranes
- Cranes and Agriculture in the Yampa Valley
- From Ice Age to the Present – A Brief History of Sandhill Cranes in Northwest Colorado
- Crane Art of the Yampa Valley
- Crane Yoga
- Behind the Scenes of the Yampa Valley Crane Festival
- Hummingbirds & Hummingbird Moths: A Virtual Tour at the Yampa River Botanic Park with Andrew Floyd & Ted Floyd
- Wildlife Photography Tips
- Carpenter Ranch Historic Homestead Tour
- What are all those OTHER birds you’re hearing when you’re looking at cranes: An audio primer for summer listening in the Yampa Valley with Ted Floyd
Detailed information about all videos, virtual events and crane viewing-on-your-own locations will be posted under the 2020 Festival tab at www.coloradocranes.org.