- This event has passed.
Annual Eagle Festival
February 2, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm UTC+0
Join us at Barr Lake’s Annual Eagle Fest!
There will be crafts for the kids and a live raptor presentation for everyone to enjoy. Take a ride on the Eagle Express (weather permitting) to and from the gazebo. Kids can join a Naturalist for “Build it Big!,” constructing a life-sized replica of a Bald Eagle nest. Attendees can also join us for a hike out to see Bald Eagles on the lake (3 mile roundtrip walk).
- 10 a.m. Guided hike, starting from the Nature Center
- 12 p.m. Bald Eagle presentation at the Nature Center (seating is limited to 75)
- 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Eagle Express rides
- 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Kids crafts at the Nature Center
- 11 a.m. Build it Big! activity at the Nature Center
- 11:30 a.m. Special presentation by Bird Conservancy of the Rockies at the Nature Center
This event is free with your daily park pass or annual Colorado State Parks pass.
Space in the presentations and on the Eagle Express is limited! Please call 303-659-6005 to RSVP.